It’s time to get cosy! Everything you need for a lovely and relaxing day with your best friend
Does this sound like your perfect kind of day too? Heading back to your warm home after a long autumn walk, making a cup of tea, lighting the candles, munching on some biscuits, putting on your most comfy outfit and then snuggling up on the sofa with your best friend and watching your favourite series … let’s be honest, is there really any better way to spend a cold November day?
And for the icing on the cake, we’ve already selected our most stunning must-haves for your perfect day.
Our fashion favourites for a cosy day snuggled up at home:
1. A soft and cuddly jumper is absolutely essential. After all, as Coco Chanel once said: “Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.”
One of our firm favourites is therefore Marie Lund’s soft cashmere jumper, which is yet again available in an extremely wide variety of designs and colours this season.
2. Comfortable wide-legged drawstring trousers that feel great but don’t make you blush when opening the door to the pizza delivery man. Thanks to the athleisure trend and fashionable galloon trousers, there’s no longer any need to worry about not looking presentable in your loungewear.
3. Your comfy trousers will look great combined with a stunning long sleeved shirt with one of a number of different printed designs – perfect for a Sunday snuggled up in bed or a series marathon on the sofa.
4. After having to wear a hat for your autumn walk, a bad hair day is virtually unavoidable, so why not simply go with the flow and even add a special highlight?! Marie Lund’s headbands are also the ideal soft and cuddly solution for a day at home and immediately cover up any dishevelled hair.
5. . If your best friend is still feeling a bit chilly, being able to lend her a light cardigan is sure to put a smile on her face.
Here are some special care tips for your cashmere jumper:
The general rule of thumb is that cashmere jumpers can cope with being washed after being worn four times. The best way to do so is to use your washing machine’s wool programme, but please be sure to turn your jumper inside out and wash it at temperatures no higher than 40°C and with a low RPM. It’s also a good idea to use a special wool detergent or even a good hair shampoo to care for your cashmere garments without attacking them. Normal detergents or mild detergents are not suitable for cashmere. To dry your jumper, simply use a cold air dryer or lie it on a towel on your laundry rack. It’s also important to remember that cashmere likes to be stored lying flat in a cool and dark location.
Here are some beauty aids for a few quiet hours at home:
1. Rose-coloured nail varnish: “No. 10243” by ANNY, from douglas.de
2. DThis facial roller made of natural rose quartz leaves your face feeling firmer, stimulates the lymph flow and helps to combat swollen eyes: “Rose Quartz Facial Roller”, found at greenglam.de
3. A hairbrush made of nylon and wild boar bristles: “Annabelle” by Villa d’Assia, for example at smallable.com
4. Leave your conditioner in to work like a mask for truly gorgeous hair: “Hydration Conditioner” by Rahua, discovered at amazingy.com
5. Scented candles with fragrances such as amber, vanilla, cedar and musk: “Candle” by YOPE, available at greenglam.de
Must-haves for that genuine hygge feeling:
1. FFruit tea with hibiscus and wild rose: “ChariTea wild fruit”, available at charitea.com
2. Coffee table book on Scandinavian interior design: “Scandinavia Dreaming” by Angel Trinidad and Gestalten
3. Air freshener with the scent of freshly washed linen: “Omnibus Fragrance SUNDAY LINEN” by PUEBCO, for example at minimarkt.com
4. Delicious milk chocolate biscuits: “Cartwright & Butler” found at ohschaetzchen.com
5. Cushion cover made of rose-coloured velvet: “Coral” by Bungalow, discovered at minimarkt.com
We hope that you will have a wonderful November full of fun in your new feel-good outfits!
Image (top and middle): Georgia de Lotz/ Unsplash.com
Big Image at the bottom: Jen P./ Unsplash.com